Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Being a New Teacher at Chets (Jessica Shaffer)

Question:

Chapter 1…
Once upon a time, there was a beautiful, young princess named Jessica Shafferella, who in one year, experienced many “new beginnings”. She married her prince charming, she left her former kingdom to teach at the Chet Creek Castle, and she went to “the other side” becoming a general education teacher after being a special education teacher, servicing students in both the 4th and 5th grade. With all these life changes, I am curious to know what have been some of your challenges, as well as your celebrations this year? Has the experience of being a new teacher to Chets Creek and working as a general education teacher in an inclusion classroom with your wicked step sisters Deborella and Katherina been a dream come true, or are you waiting for your handsome prince to kiss and wake you from a terrible nightmare? We’re all anxious to know if this story will have a happily ever after ending or will you escape (by becoming pregnant J) & riding off in to the sunset never to be heard from again?

Anxiously awaiting chapter 2….

Your wicked step sister (who adores you),
Deborella


I will start off by saying that this year has truly been a dream come true for me! When I moved here from Tampa, I was so worried about finding a wonderful school like I had there. To my surprise, I found one that was even better, more magical, than the one I had before. Everything seemed to just fall into place-my decision to move over to regular education, which gave me my wonderful teaching partners that I have now. The only challenges that I have had are getting used to how everything works here at Chets Creek which is why I am so blessed with my partners because they just take me by the hand and show me the way. Jessica

No comments: